Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours - 4-6 nights
For an update on Covid-19 and our 2020 season please click here
Now accepting reservations for the 2021 season. Early booking for the peak late August to mid October season is recommended.
2021 Boat viewing season - Spring & Summer - May 21 to August 30, 2020 Platform viewing - Fall - August 31 to October 15 inclusive
2020 Boat viewing season - Spring & Summer - May 21 to August 23, 2020 Platform viewing - Fall - August 24 to October 15 inclusive
For more information on what to expect in each season click here
KILGB 4/5/6 GRIZZLY BEAR VIEWING TOUR INCLUDES
- return airfare from the Campbell River Float Plane base to Knight Inlet Lodge
- transfers from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the float plane and return to the airport
- one nights' accommodation in Campbell River
- three, four or five nights accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge in a comfortable room with private bathroom and shower
- welcome wildlife orientation
- all meals and snacks while at Knight Inlet Lodge (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- complimentary wine with dinner
- services of all lodge staff including naturalists
- evening interpretive programs
- all transportation to all of the tour programs
- your choice of the following:
- excursions to Johnstone Strait for marine wildlife viewing - weather permitting - on the two night program this tour is difficult to fit in
- tours for Bald Eagle viewing and other bird life
- tour to the upper reaches of Knight inlet for scenic viewing of the inlet
- tours for grizzly bear viewing from the platforms or boats**From opening to August 24 inlcusive the viewing is by boat, from August 25 to closing the viewing is from our platforms.**
- excursions for other wildlife viewing depending on location and availability
- scenic marine tour of Knight inlet
- excursions to Thompson Sound and Bond Sound for bear and wildlife viewing
- wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- interpretive forest walk in the Kwalate Valley
- use of kayaks on organized tours
- ***AS SOME OF OUR TOURS ARE MARINE BASED THEY ARE STRONGLY WEATHER DEPENDENT. ON A SHORT DURATION TOUR IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO FIT THEM IN***
- rain gear when required
- B.C. Provincial Hotel Tax
- Environmental Levy
- First Nations User Fee
- Staff gratuity
- Knight Inlet Lodge books all guests at the new Comfort Inn & Suites for the Campbell River night of our packages.
- All of our tours can depart on any day.
- Tours to our vieiwng stands to watch grizzlies feed on salmon do not start until August 25. Prior to this date the viewing is by boat in the Glendale Cove estuary.
- A low to moderate level of physical fitness is required for our tours. This includes the ablility to walk distances of approximately 200 meters on uneven ground such as a shoreline. This may include rocky, slippery and or muddy sections depending on tide level. If you have any concerns please contact us for a more detailed discussion of your situation.